The headline is right. Ascend Mate 2 won’t hit the PH market. Very sad that I myself is waiting for this phablet which was announced in the CES 2014 early this year.
The smartphone has large battery capacity, just like the local brand Kata M1. Even more, Ascend Mate 2 can be used to charge other devices. It has a 6.1-inch display, LTE connectivity, 2G or RAM, 16G of internal storage, and all the features you wish to have in one device.
But during the launch of Ascend G6 (the P6 mini), we talked to the country manager of Huawei Technologies Charles Wu, and lo and behold, we got the bad news. The Ascend Mate 2 will not be released in the Philippines.
Bad news as it is, Wu assured us that the next generation Ascend Mate 3 will be the one to be rolled out in the Philippine market. Mate 2 was marketed in China and the US only.
Here are some photos of Ascend Mate 2 courtesy of Charles Wu, the country manager of Huawei PH.
Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Specs
- 6.1-inch eHD (1280 x 720) IPS display, 241ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400; quad-core Cortex-A7 at 1.6GHz
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 64GB
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 13 MP, HDR, autofocus, LED flash, 5 MP front-facing
- A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n, USB Host, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- 4,050 mAh
- 161 x 84.7 x 9.5mm, 202 g