Microsoft Philippines today officially launches Windows 8 for the Philippine market, following the global launch last October 26. There are numbers of new notebooks and ultrabooks spotted that are really promising with the Windows 8 bundled with it. Top brands like Acer, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Dell, Sony and Toshiba has something to offer!
Here are some fast facts about Windows 8.
- As of 26 October, Microsoft partners—Asus, Acer, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, LG, Samsung, Sony, and Toshiba—have debuted more than 50 new devices in Asia that are built for Windows 8. Worldwide, more than 1,000 devices are Windows 8 ready.
- As of 30 October, Microsoft Philippines has partnered with Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Sony, and Toshiba for over 31 new devices that are available in local retail stores nationwide.
- With over 16 million active preview participants, Windows 8 is the most tested, reviewed and ready operating system in Microsoft’s history.
- Windows Store will be available in every language that is offered for Windows – that’s more than 100 languages. Apps will be available in 231 markets around the world, including Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. (The complete list is available athttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694064.aspx)
- The Windows Store offers developers unparalleled reach and the best economics available.
- Reach – Windows PC install base is now almost 1.4 billion.
- Economics – We offer a 70/30 revenue share initially, then we increase it to 80/20 once the app reaches the $25k mark. Other platforms only offer 70/30 and don’t reward developers for writing great apps.
- With more than 600 million Windows 7 users today, Windows 8 is a natural upgrade path for them.
- We have engaged with more than 30,000 developers in Asia Pacific (Southeast Asia, Korea, Australia and New Zealand) and they are building some beautiful, innovative apps for Windows 8.
- Microsoft enables thousands of jobs in the local IT industry. For every US dollar that Microsoft made in Asia Pacific in 2009, companies in the region made about $11.
- More than 54,000 partners across Asia have built their businesses on the Windows platform, and Windows 8 will continue to fuel their growth. Because 90 to 95% of Microsoft’s revenue comes through partners, we succeed where they succeed.
With the tag line “Windows Reimagined” I guess the best tagline would be “Windows Re-invented”. I’ve seen and used the trial version of Windows 8 even on a non-touch screen Ultrabook and it was awesome! The lack of the Start button did not bother me at all. It was faster versus Windows 7, enough said.
Year of the Touchpads coming!
Mr. Manuel Wong of Acer PH here seen with the Windows 8 – powered Iconia. This table is the real transformer! The iConia Tab w510 has an Intel Atom dual-core 1.5Ghz Z2760 processor, 10.1-inch display, 5-point multi-touch screen, 64G internal storage, Bluetooth, micro-HDMI port, 2-in-1 card slot, 2-cel battery that last 8hrs, plus if you order the external keyboard with battery will give you another 8hours of battery life.
According the product manager of Acer PH, this “tansformer” tablet will be on the sub P30k level.
You have yet to see another Acer ultrabook - the S7 Ultrabook is another super light machine that you will not notice if it is stolen in your bag already.
The Acer S7 Ultrabook.
We also spotted Lenovo’s IdeaPad Yoga. Its revolutionary hinge allows it to uniquely move 360° and fold from laptop to tablet in one simple motion. As one of the world’s first multi-mode Ultrabooks, Yoga 13 provides a high level of flexibility between work and play without compromises. Yoga 13’s smaller screen size counterpart, Yoga 11, is the world’s slimmest multi-mode PC, measuring just 15.6 mm. Yoga 11’s slim design, 11.6-in screen and long 13 hour battery life make it a great convertible for mobility.
Samsung will not be left just selling Android phones, they also have the Samsung ATIV Tab. The new Samsung ATIV Tab is designed with a classy hairline finish, and delivers a full Windows 8-based PC experience with superior tablet mobility. Weighing 570g, featuring a 10.1” display, and measuring 8.9mm thick, the ATIV Tab is always ready to go.
The touch screen generation devices.
Windows Pricing in the Philippines.
Through the end of January, consumers currently running PCs with Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, are qualified to download Windows 8 Pro for only USD39.99. Try visiting the partner retail outlets for the Windows 8 retail box for USD69.99.
For PCs purchased between June 2, 2012 up to January 31, 2013 with Windows 7 bundled with it, you can avail of the upgrade offer for only USD14.99 which is available at www.windowsupgradeoffer.com
This article has been viewed 1246 times by 340 visitors.