The picture you see is the iPhone 5. So what’s new? Hmmm, lets try to enumerate them for you.
- It is now the big brother of the former iPhones, bigger screen at 4-inches,
thinner, thinnest – that is 18% thinner from the previous ones, it is also 20% lighter.
- It comes with the Retina display, that usually we see on their Mac, iPhone 5 has 326 pixels per inch.
- LTE. Yup! Apple says it has an ultrafast wireless with the LTE on it. It is also powered with a dual-band 802.11n wireless connectivity that makes your wi-fi experience fast, too. Yes, up to 150 Mbps!
- Faster CPU with the new A6 chip. Faster graphics and watch our for this – a longer battery life of up to 8 hours with LTE browsing!
- It comes with a new earphone design which they called EarPod. iPhone5 has noise-cancelling features, it has three microphones, one on the front, one on the back, and one on the bottom.
- It has 8MP rear camera which can detect up to 10 faces, and record a 1080p high definition video, while the front camera can take a 720P HD video, it has 1.2MP.
- iPhone5 comes with a new power connector too called Lightning connector. That means, the previous ones cannot be shared for charging the new iPhone.
- It is loaded with the latest OS – the iOS6, which Apple calls the most advanced mobile operating system. Good news for China, it will have a comprehensive up-to-date Chinese dictionary, and handwriting recognition support for over 30,000 Chinese characters. No Tagalog dictionary for Pinoys.
- iCloud is also built-in to iPhone5. This feature is present in iPhone 4 and 4S which allows you to access items in all iDevices.
- Finally, the price. I guess this one something that is everyone will like, it starts at USD199 for the 16G model.
|CPU||Apple A6 chip|
|Operating System||iOS 6|
|Display||4-inch Retina Display, 1136 x 640 resolution @ 16:9 ratio|
|Camera||8-megapixel rear iSight camera, 1.2MP FaceTime HD Camera|
|Storage||16GB, 32GB, 64GB|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot Bluetooth 4.0 HSPA, HSPA+, LTE support|
|Port/Connector||New 9-pin “Lightning” connector|
|Availability||September 21 in selected territories. The rest of the world – Q4 2012|
|Price||$199, $299, $399|
So there you go, the new iPhone is finally launched and it is named as iPhone 5. A new device, a faster one with the A6 chip, a faster browsing experience with LTE on it, and a promising battery life.
The Nano-SIM is the latest technological update with the iPhone 5, which means you cannot use your existing SIM cards, you need to cut it smaller or get a new nano-SIM from your telcos.
As for Smart iPhone5 and Globe iPhone5 launch, we will have to watch out for it!
This article has been viewed 867 times by 251 visitors.